6.26.2009

Inspirational ladies



Kat Macleod is an Australian illustrator/mixed media artist that's done work for Vogue Entertaining and Travel, Real Simple, Collette Dinnigan and Harper's Bazaar to name a few. I remember having some of her ladies hanging by my computer at work for inspiration. They're so playful and wistful. I love how she uses actual fabric in conjunction with the watercolors. So perfectly feminine.


She did the illustrations for a new book, Like I Give a Frock, and desktop backgrounds featuring Kat's illustrations are FREE for download.


She also did the illustrations for this book, The Cocktail: 200 Fabulous Drinks.

An exerpt from the Amazon description, "Awash with recipes and dripping romance, The Cocktail captures the spirit of every spirit. Learn about the warm companionship of vodka, the old-school primness of gin and the tropical abandon of rum. Drink in the geisha chic of sake, and discover why whisky and its white trash cousin bourbon are no longer just a guy's best friend."


Sounds like a new book for my wish list.

(Via Oh Joy!)

1 comment:

kadler said...

That's super awesome. I feel like I've seen her work before, too.

P.S. I'm hosting my first giveaway! Check it out if you get a chance :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails