6.09.2009

It's not easy being green


I'm definitely trying my hardest to be as green as possible.

When a light bulb goes out I replace it with a compact fluorescent bulb.

I always set my laptop to "sleep mode" when I'm not using it. (I found this great article on how to make your Mac really energy efficient - very helpful.)

I use my ceiling fans a lot more so I don't have to use my air conditioner as much.

And I try to recycle everything I can which brings me to this:

The Mode Recycling Center.

The one thing I hate about recycling is how messy it can be. Luckily my actual recycling bin isn't far from my kitchen so I can just stack things and then take them outside. But for apartment/condo dwellers this would be perfect. It's like a trash compactor so it holds 3x as much as you put in there.


The Eco-Track feature is such a great idea. You can set the timer to remind you when recycle day is (so no more forgetting!) The tracker also keeps track of how much you have recycled.

Oh and it doesn't require electricity either. You step on the foot pedal to do all of the compacting. Pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Lane said...

where did you find this? and where can you get this? i need it.

Unknown said...

I found it through DailyCandy. I don't know if you can buy them in stores but you can order them online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails