2.23.2009

All dolled up

I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed by the Oscar gowns last night. There's usually always a dress that blows me away but instead I was just left with, "Eh, that's nice." Not what I wanted.

But anyway here are a few that I thought stood out from the rest:

Okay, I really hated to put Miley Cyrus on here but I did think her gown (by Zuhair Murad) was really pretty. It would have been prettier on Reese Witherspoon but alas Miley made a good choice so kudos to her.

I was surprised that Freida Pinto chose this dress. It didn't wow me but I appreciate that she went out of the box with a one shoulder (by John Galliano.) She's so gorgeous, it would be hard for her to look bad in anything.

This looks like a gown you would wear to the Oscars but for some reason it still didn't wow me. It could have been one of those that's breathtaking in person but doesn't show as well on TV. Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive.

Taraji Henson looked lovely in Roberto Cavalli. The color on her was stunning.

This is totally random but I saw this picture of James Franco and his mystery date and I really liked her dress.

Okay and this was just plain ugly.

(Photos via NYMag & NYT)

3 comments:

Lu said...

haha! we both love beyonce's dress:) James Franco's date...beautiful! Your blog is fantastic:)

bethany said...

hello :)

a strong "amen" to all of your oscar's fashion comments. especially to beyonce. actually, double amen on beyonce :)

Unknown said...

Cara - I'm glad you enjoy my blog :)

rinse*repeat - Haha, yes, Beyonce definitely made a fashion faux pas Sunday night. I can't believe people let her out the door with that thing on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails