12.30.2008

Top 2008 Albums

I came up with 10 of my personal favorite albums of 2008. I thought long and hard (not really) and listened to a lot of music this year. These are in no particular order though Crystal Castles and Midnight Boom by the Kills were my most played.

To have a blog named after a White Stripes song I had to have Jack somewhere on my list. Luckily it wasn't hard because Consolers of the Lonely was a solid album. It had to grow on me but once it did I enjoyed it. Oh and they're Nashville boys now, just another reason to have them on the list.

I'll never forget listening to Evil Urges for the first time. My boyfriend and I didn't know it was MMJ's new album and were both like, "WOW, this band is great, who are these guys?...wait this kind of sounds like Jim James..." Duh.

I haven't seen Midnight Boom on any lists but I wore this album out. It's a fun album to listen to while your driving.

You & Me is a classic Walkmen album.
Modern Guilt has become my favorite Beck album of all time, I really like this album.

Because you've got to have some hip hop in your life, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III had to make my list.

My boyfriend told me that he's sick of me playing this album but I can't help it, it's fun. MGMT's Oracular Spectacular.

Dear Science made everyone's list this year but deserving so. I can't get enough of it.

Fleet Foxes is a great album and would probably sound even better on vinyl.

You will want to dance after listening to Crystal Castles. I wore out this album over the summer.

Okay so those were my top picks for 2008. I'm glad it's over, it really wasn't a great year and I'm ready to see what 2009 will bring.

Cheers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails